Black Sun http://smarturl.it/BlackSun
Graphic novels: Starblood the graphic novel http://smarturl.it/sgnebook
Psychonaut the graphic novel http://smarturl.it/Psychonaut
Short story collection: Broken Mirror and Other Morbid Tales http://smarturl.it/BrokenMirrorShorts
Website address http://www.carmillavoiez.com
Horror With A Heart
There are contributions from new writers in England, Scotland, Wales, the USA, Canada, Australia, and Russia. The subjects covered range across the whole of the genre spectrum, and all have one thing in common; they illustrate what has always been the cornerstone of these volumes: Horror with a Heart.
Hellfire Crossroads 7 is a preview of who we’ll be reading 5, 10, 15 years from now. Highly recommended.” Ralph Robert Moore - Author of ‘Father Figure’
"An impressive collection of dark stories from writers who will be new to most of us, and whom we should be hearing from in the future. From tales of psychological darkness to ones of wartime guilt and family trauma to present-day fears, there is plenty for any horror reader." Gary Couzens ‘Blood Spectrum’ film reviewer for BLACK STATIC
They exist in myth and legend dating back to the earliest history of man. Different cultures have different names for the same creature, which has haunted the dark places of our collective psyche. Loup Garou, Werewolf, Lycanthropes, Rougaru, Michigan Dogman, The Beast of Land Between the Lakes, Oolonga-Doglalla, Shunka Warak'in, Skinwalker.
The beast is known by many names, but they all lead to the ultimate Apex Predator. A predator that has no equal.A predator that preys on man.Horrific murders plague a rural county, leaving bodies torn and partially eaten in their wake. Detective William Greyeagle of the Lacland County Sheriff’s Office is assigned to the case. What he believes to be animal attacks awakens a dreaded fear from deep in his subconscious. It draws him deeper into his own heritage and the lore of beasts that prey on men. To find the killer, he must delve deeper into the teachings of his grandfather, a Lakota Medicine Man. Things he believed to children’s stories are proven to be hauntingly true. There are things in the darkness that haunt the world of men. Humans are not the Apex Predator that they believed themselves to be. There is something far worse waiting just outside the light.The deep valleys and forests of the Ozarks prove to be the perfect hunting grounds. Predator versus prey in the ultimate game of life and death. Who will be the victor? Who will be the Apex Predator?
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4. Grease a 20cm deep round tin.
2. To make the cake, grind the whole almonds with the 50g of caster sugar in a food processor.
3. Beat the whole egg and yolks with the 160g of caster sugar until the mix is pale and creamy and leaves a trail on the surface. Whisk the egg whites to soft peaks. Mix the cooled melted chocolate with the egg yolk and sugar mixture. Stir in the ground almonds and chopped almonds.
4. Beat in a spoonful of egg whites to loosen the mixture. Now gently fold in the remaining egg whites a spoonful at a time.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 40–45 minutes.
6. To prepare the topping, place the water, sugar, cocoa powder and glucose into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes and stir.
7. Soften the gelatine in a little water. Remove the pan from the heat. Squeeze any liquid from the gelatine and add the gelatine sheet to the pan. Stir until it has dissolved. Leave to cool.
8. Once the cake is cooked, leave in the tin to cool before turning out onto a serving plate. Pour the chocolate topping just on the surface of the cake and decorate with candied lemon or extra chopped almonds.